Health Action by People(HAP), a not for profit organization , is registered under the Travancore Cochin literary, Scientific and charitable socities Act(Act XII) OF 1955 on December 1,1993(Registration No:747).It is a non-governmental organization and is devoted to research on health related problems.HAP is committed to serve the people in the field of health and development. It is led by a group of professionals sharing a common vision and ideal. HAP is in the forefront in health education, public health research and health policy interventions in Kerala. Our founder chairman was Dr CR Soman, (1937-2009): visionary, teacher, orator, writer and researcher. All of us at HAP cherish his memory and try to follow in his footsteps. Dr Soman, in his life and work, demonstrated that professional output of the highest caliber need not conflict with compassion and sensitivity for the most marginalized people.
- Create awareness among the people on the importance of the individual, family and societal level actions to usher in health for the people.
- Generate peopleâ€™s participation in actions aimed at improving quality of life.
- Undertake innovative action research involving people, aimed at cost effective and culturally accepted health interventions.
- Generate peoples movement against exploitation of health by vested interests in the food, pharmaceutical , cosmetic and related consumer industries.
- Undertake production of information packages withj a view to achieve the objectives 1 to 4 above.
- Collaborate with national and international bodies/ agencies involved in health promotion.