HAP Journal Club:
The journal club was started on December 2013 as a regular monthly activity conducted usually on the third Tuesday of every month, unless otherwise inconvenient. The purpose was to enhance research skills among doctors and post graduate students in medicine and public health. HAP members and other renowned academicians give talks on important and relevant topics on health research, touching on methodology, analysis, presentation, relevance and content update. Apart from this, participants are encouraged to present critiques of important published journal articles. This is meeting provides a platform for critical evaluation of current literature whilst building the importance of research in clinical and public health practice.
Reviewed articles :
- High prevalence of undiagnosed diabetes among tuberculosis patients in peripheral health facilities in Kerala
- Effect of Duration and Intermittency of Rifampin on Tuberculosis Treatment Outcomes : A Systematic Review and Meta –Analysis
- Unmet Family Planning Need :Differnes of levels of agreement between Husband- Wife, Haryana, India
- Randomised Clinical Trial of Thrice- weekly 4 month Moxifloxacin or Gatifloxacin containing regimes in the treatment of new sputum positive pulmonary tuberculosis patients
- Assessment of causality of individual adverse events following immunization ( AEFI) : A WHO tool for global use
- Measurement Errors
- Comparison of Xpert MTB/RIF with line Probe Assay for detection of Rifampicin monoresistant mycobacterium
- Injection Practices in India
- Parent reported Quality of Life of Children with Cerebral Palsy in Europe
- Characteristics and self rated health of overlap syndrome
- Size and Usage Patterns of Private TB Drug Markets in the High Burden Countries
- Identification of a threshold for biomass exposure index for chronic bronchitis in rural women of Mysore district , Karnataka, India.
- Intensive Bood Pressure lowering in patients with Acute cerebral Hemorrhage.
- Initiation strategies for Renal Replacement Therapy in the intensive care unit.
- Effect of Early vs Delayed Initiation of Renal replacement Therapy on Mortality in critically Ill patients with Acute kidney injury The Elain Randomized clinical Trial
- Key concepts of clinical trials: a narrative review”.
- Introduction to Zotero
- Basic concepts in Study Design etc